Measuring C5 Effectiveness
The C5 Program measures its success based on five clearly defined outcomes. We utilize a combination of internal and external assessment tools to be sure we are reaching those outcomes and to maintain program quality and safety. The internal assessment tools include:
- C5 Program Practice and Safety Audit is self-administered annually by each site director and reviewed by their board of directors. This audit ensures that each site follows programmatic, administrative and safety protocols
- Efforts 2 Outcomes database is utilized to track participant demographics, program participation and for assessing progress in school, community and college preparation. This tracking provides us with valuable data for improving the effectiveness of the program and the success rate of our youth.
- Student Portfolios are completed by each participant to document their work and participation and to provide a record of each student’s growth.
The external assessment tools include:
- Youth Development Strategies, Inc. provides an annual independent assessment of the Supports and Opportunities provided by summer signature experiences and correlates these supports and opportunities to the five C5 outcomes.
- American Camps Association Accreditation provides external monitoring of the summer programs provided in a camp environment.